Quote of the Month...

“When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew” - Shakespeare

Friday, February 5, 2010

When Abbott Met Costello

I thought it was about time I told you how the Fishies got together or as I like to call it: “When Abbott Met Costello”.




Our relationship has been a comedy of errors since the beginning, we never had a “meet-cute” like you'll see in “When Harry met Sally” or “Serendipity” if you ask FI Fishie we actually met about 6 months before I say we do. But, this is my blog and I'll tell the story the way I remember it!



Source                                                                               Source




Alright, like any good story teller I better set the stage: I was engaged to another man at the time (my current engagement is actually my 3rd engagement but remind me to tell you about thatlater) and actively planning my wedding. (It was going to be a beautiful winter-wonderland wedding btw, but that's besides the point) So I, obviously, wasn't exactly looking for someone else. I was content in my relationship and excited to be getting married. In hindsight, it was a horrible relationship and a bad idea for me to even consider getting married to that man but without him I never would've met FI Fishie so it all worked out in the end. Well, FI Fishie was supposed to be the best man in my “other wedding” ha ha gotta love irony at work.


To my recollection FI Fishie and I actually “met” a few times. Once, when ex-FI and I were driving though the city where FI Fishie was living and we stopped in to see him, but it was only for a few minutes so I don't think it counts but the only reason I mention it is because according to FI Fishie I said that “It's a good thing I didn't meet (FI Fishie) first cause I'd be marrying him right now instead of (ex-FI)” like I said, I love irony at work. The first meeting I fully remember is when FI Fishie came down to my house after ex-FI and I had broken up (one out of a million times) and he brought me dry roasted peanuts. To some that may seem like no big deal but this was after FI Fishie and I had been texting each other for a couple days and I casually mentioned something about liking peanuts but not the honey roasted kind, I liked the dry roasted kind. I guess the universe decided that we weren't supposed to be together yet since I wound up getting back with ex-FI after that. But, as is always true with any great romance FI Fishie waited patiently for me to figure out what I wanted and after ex-FI had done yet another stupid thing to make me mad I made a phone call to FI Fishie.


So what's a girl to do?
Stay Tuned and Find Out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails