Quote of the Month...

“When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew” - Shakespeare

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Marriage Advice

As some of you know, I work in healthcare as a Certified Nursing Assistant (aka: Professional Butt Wiper). The best part of my job? The AMAZING residents who have a tendancy to give some of the best advice, I was working the other day and being that it was the day after valentine's day my resident felt the need to give me a little bit of wisdom that I thought I'd share with you...

"After (dear husband) died, and I had to look around that house at all the stuff, all the trinkets and gifts that I'd gotten through the years. I realized that none of it mattered because he was gone, and that was the hardest part for me...living without him" ~Resident M~

I don't know about you, but FI Fishie and I fight sometimes and there are times when he annoys the crap out of me but if I ever lost him I don't know what I do. I told him that I plan to die first because without him, I'd die on the inside anyway. We may not have had the typical love story but, it works for us. Valentine's day may be over but I want to encourage everyone to tell the person you love how much you care about them...you never know what day will be your last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails