Quote of the Month...

“When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew” - Shakespeare

Saturday, February 6, 2010

When Abbott Met Costello: Part 3

Now, can you understand why it's taken me so long to write this post? Good gracious it's been a long journey getting from “Friend” to “Fiancee” but I promise this will be the last “How we met” post. So when we left off FI Fishie and I had just had our “non-date” date but in true Abbott and Costello fashion I didn't realize how great of a guy he is, well I did but I was still with ex-FI at the time so I couldn't admit it. Things with ex-FI slowly got worse and worse until it reached the point where I was spending more time with FI Fishie and lying to my ex about it. And my excuses were lame to boot I wasn't really hiding anything “Honey I'm just gonna run to the store I'll be back later” and those “later”s turned into 3 to 4 hr long “trips to the store”.
Flash forward one month and finally, I broke things off with my ex for good and who was the first person I called? FI Fishie of course! He was nice enough to let me stay at his apartment for a few days while my ex moved his crap out of my house. So how did we move from “friends” to “dating”? Yeah, there was no “official” asking “will you be my girlfriend?” we were in FI Fishie's room at his apartment and his roommate was talking on the phone with someone and said “(FI Fishie) and his girlfriend are here too...” or something along those lines which elicited the typical “Am I your girlfriend?” response from me. His answer? “I don't know do you want to be?” and that's how it all started people. This is not some love story for the ages I know. But, that's just how the Fishies are-we're laid back people who don't want to rock the boat.

Sidenote: The first time we told eachother “I love you” went something like this...
Me (on a piece of paper): I think maybe I might be falling in love with you.
Him (Out loud after reading the piece of paper): I think I might possibly kinda sorta feel the same way.


Not my actual note but you get the same idea. (Source)

We're not mushy gushy people see-I had to write what I wanted to say and have him read it since I couldn't get the words to come out of my mouth. That's when I knew that this was a forever kind of thing since I felt so strongly about it that I couldn't express it. I love FI Fishie and this journey is only made easier with him by my side.
Up Next: The Fishies Get Engaged!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails