Quote of the Month...

“When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew” - Shakespeare

Saturday, February 6, 2010

When Abbott Met Costello: Part 2

So when we left yesterday, my ex-FI had done yet another stupid thing to piss me off- in the course of our 18 month relationship that happened a lot! So I made a phone call to FI Fishie and told him to “Get in his pretty little car and drive” and meet me at the movie theater. Did I go into this thinking it would be our first date? No! I was steaming mad and needed to get out of my house and FI Fishie was the only one who responded to my text message.
Remember, I said I wasn't looking for someone? Yeah, I was actively NOT looking. I was the type who could go out and no matter what, I'd get hit on. I once flirted with the guy at Wal-Mart just so I didn't have to carry something heavy out to my car. Never underestimate the “Pretty Girl” factor, I've used this in my profession too. Being a pretty girl I can usually get the male patients to listen to me better then some of the other women, I just play the helpless card and most guys (no matter what age) are putty in my hands I'm “pretty” I acknowledge it and I admit to abusing that fact . But, that's not why you called-you wanted to hear the juicy details of how I met him at the theater and immediately fell head over heels in love, you wanted to hear all about the phone call I made telling my ex to get the heck out of my house and that we were done for good. Unfortunately, I told you that ours was a comedy of errors and not a romantic comedy. Thus, I did not fall in love that night. I did not make a frantic phone call telling my ex to get the h-e-double hockey sticks out of my house. We watched a movie, “The Dark Knight” with Heath Ledger to be specific (although I'll never get past him in “10 Things I Hate About You” or “A Knight's Tale” sorry Heath).
I used my best “pretty girl” moves on him-I snuggled up to him in the theater (cuz those theaters are drafty ya know), I asked to see him lame-o bachelor pad (complete with roommate in the living room playing a video game), I flipped my hair, I did my best to flirt and I...Got...Nothing! Looking back, we joke about it now that on our first date neither of us really knew it WAS a date. If you ask FI Fishie he'll tell you that I paid for my own ticket so that makes it couldn't have been a date. So how did the fishie's get from a non-date to dating, then living together, and now getting married? Well it wouldn't be a comedy of errors if it ended here. We've got to make a few more mistakes along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails