Quote of the Month...

“When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew” - Shakespeare

Monday, February 15, 2010

Bridal Fairs 101...take 2!

Alright, so I wrote about my experience at the Beginnings Bridal Fair here, and since then I have been to two more bridal fairs. First was the Wedding Showcase up north in Siren, WI. Then just yesterday, we treked out into the snow for the Sweethearts Bridal Fair here in Menomonie. After 3 bridal fairs, I think I'm starting to become kind of an expert on these shindigs. And yet, I'm slated to go to just one more next week...poor FI Fishie thank goodness he likes going for the free cake!



So, without further ado I present Bridal Fairs 101...take 2.


First up, the Wedding Showcase in Siren, WI. I know what you're thinking... “But Fishie you're not getting married in Siren” I know I'm not getting married up north but that's where my family lives and I thought it might be fun for Grandma P. Fishie (Not to be confused with Grandma V. Fishie mentioned earlier) to get the experience of going with me to one of these things. It was a fun experience for me, FI Fishie and Gramma P to get to wander around the fair. That is after we were finally able to figure out where it was...oops. We were close though, we were just across the street from where it ACTUALLY was. If I could've unattached my arm and just handed it to Gramma P. so she could wander around and tell everyone that “my first granddaughter is getting married...see!” that probably would've been fun but who wants to see a one armed fishie bride?

Anyway, we had fun. It was good to see the vendors back home and tell them about my engagement. I, of course, signed up for EVERYTHING!

Hey you never know what you'll win at one of these things, even it we weren't having the wedding up there you never know if we won flowers or something then that's still money left in my budget for something else. I put FI Fishie in charge of taking pictures and we actually wound up with some good inspiration. But, I'll save those for a later post.

As is true with all of the wedding fairs. There was of course a fashion show. Which, was helpful this time since FI Fishie was able to see a few tuxes that he liked and I actually picked some dresses that weren't too terribly ugly.






All in all, it was a great afternoon even though I didn't win anything. I had fun with FI Fishie and Gramma P had fun chatting it up with some of her friends that were there and telling everyone how much she likes FI Fishie and how excited she is for us to get married.

I don't have any pictures from the fair here in Menomonie, but that's because there wasn't really a whole lot there. It was obviously thrown together in a short amount of time, I mean it was in the corridors of a mall for pete's sakes. But it was a good experience and we were able to chat it up with a couple of vendors we'd met at the Beginnings Bridal Fair and meet a couple new vendors. All in all, it was a decent way to spend an hour but I was glad we got in for free since there was no way I was going to pay $5 to get into it.






We've got another bridal fair this weekend and an open house at our venue of choice the week after so February has been a busy month for the Fishies. Stay tuned, I'll hopefully get around to writing about some of our choices for vendors sometime this week. Then it's onto the DIY-ness of our wedding...with only 18 months to go it's gonna be an interesting process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails