Quote of the Month...

“When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew” - Shakespeare

Monday, January 18, 2010

Bridal Fairs 101

When I woke up on the beautifully cold morning on Sunday I thought it was just going to be a regular old Sunday go with FI Fishie and FMIL Fishie to the humane society and get clawed to pieces while trimming cat nails. But, as luck would have it there was an advertisement on some wedding website (not even too sure which one anymore) about the “Beginnings Bridal Show” also known as “FREE CAKE!” ok maybe that's only me but I called up FMIL Fishie and asked her if she wanted to go with me. Which, she was more then excited to do I mean, who passes up the opportunity for Free Cake? But, I'll get to the yummy cake later.

In true, Fish Out of Water fashion I had NO idea what I was getting myself in to. I know all of two things walking into the Ramada Convention Center 1)There was going to be a fashion show and 2) there was going to be FREE CAKE! Number 2 (insert immature giggling) was my main reason for going (more immature giggling) but I went anyway.
I would like to interrupt this discussion of Free Cake to mention that at this point in time the Fishies (that would be FI Fishie and I) have not made any kind of concrete plans. We have an idea of what we want 1)It'll be in Chippewa at FFIL and FMIL Fishie's church 2)We are not going to have the reception outside or in some run down basement somewhere, we're classier then that (or at least we want to pretend to be) 3)We want good food, good music, and good photos. FMIL Fishie however, has a different idea somewhat and that would be that 1) we're not getting married until 2014. That's all she's got to be honest with you, actually she didn't set a date she just said “let's get you two done with school first” and I of course had to point out that FI Fishie and I are older then FMIL Fishie and FFIL Fishie were when they got married, she didn't really say much after that.

Anyway, back to the Free Cake. So we got to the Ramada close to 2pm for the low low price of $5 each, which FMIL Fishie paid for and a Big Thank You to her for that. At which time they asked who was the bride and didn't believe me when I said FI Fishie was...what can I say I wear the pants in the relationship and he's OK with that. Once I admitted that I was in fact the bride, they handed me a big plastic bag (which was VERY helpful btw), red heart shaped Mardi Gras beads, a map of the fair, a wedding planning book thingy, and a yellow sheet of paper which I was supposed to fill out to win some fabulous prizes (which included a big 42” flat screen TV) at the end of it all I was completely embarrassed by all the fuss. We made it just in time for the fashion show, and sat there for an hour criticizing every single thing that came down that runway, or at least FMIL Fishie and I did.



I liked the front of this one but I couldn't stand the back with it's high collar. And since “Flash Photography” wasn't allowed that's the only picture of the fashion show I managed to snap. But, the good part was that they were doing the grand prize drawings in between the fashion show sets and yours truly won $100 in “bridal bucks” which can be used to ANY vendor who was at the show. I'll blog about the specific vendors I liked in the coming days but sufficed to say I wasn't too terribly impressed with a lot of them. Especially the guys trying to get me to book their limos, yeah when a girl says “No” she means “No” not, “Try harder to convince me” mmkay? Yeah dude, I tried telling you that no I wasn't going to book a limo and I meant it I didn't mean that I'm still on the fence about it but maybe if you push me harder you'll convince me. All that did was piss me off and make me not want a limo even more.

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the collar..

    I cant stand bridal shows. Your very brave that you went!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails