Quote of the Month...

“When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew” - Shakespeare

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Wedding Planning for a Motherless Daughter

My first post may have been a little on the satirical side but in all seriousness there's one big reason why I feel like a fish out of water when it comes to wedding planning. When I was fresh out of high school I lost one of the most important women in my life, my mother.





My mother was a wonderful woman who bravely fought a disasterous disease and showed me what the true meaning of strength is. Strength is lying in a hospital bed in excruciating pain but still managing to smile when your 18yr old daughter tells you all about her CNA test and how she finally landed her first job. Trying to plan one of the biggest days of my life without her is one of the hardest things I've ever done but the strength she showed me right up until she died helps me to know that I can do this and I will make it out the other side.

(Personal Photo)

I've read all the books on grieving, and how to move on. I've worked in the healthcare field long enough to see the process from all sides but it doesn't make missing her any easier. Throughout this process one of the main things I'll be thinking about is “WWMD?” or “What Would Mom Do?”. I'll be finding ways to commemorate her and the other wonderful family member who've gone before me on my special day but, there's no substitute for those people being here with me.
Did you have a Special Person/People you missed most on your wedding day? Or any other special day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails