Quote of the Month...

“When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew” - Shakespeare

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Introducing...The Fishie Bride

Why oh why would someone ever want to be known as “The Fishie Bride”? Well, the short answer is because in my quest to plan a wonderful wedding; I'm starting to feel more like a “fish out of water” then a “blushing bride”. Although, in reality I'm not a big “fish” person I'd rather have a furry four legged critter by my side but I didn't think “Cat out of Water” had the same ring to it.

So how does a girl, growing up in these United States not know how to plan a wedding? Well, unfortunately I was never one of those little girls who planned out her wedding at a young age. My Barbie® dolls never got married, they just “lived in sin” and I never saw a problem with that. Add in that the “Art of Wedding Planning” is not something they teach in college, and I'm in uncharted territory here.

So what's a girl to do? Make it up as I go along, of course! I'll be relying heavily on the wonderful women I know who've gone through this before me and somehow made it out on the other side but at the end of the day this is a new experience for me and I hope you'll join me on this ride. But I'd recommend that you buckle up, it's gonna be a bumpy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails