Quote of the Month...

“When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew” - Shakespeare

Sunday, October 10, 2010

I Don't Wanna Grow Up...I Wanna Be A Toys-R-Us Kid!

Things around the fishbowl have been busy busy busy lately. So I apologize for the lite posting. But, I had to pop in and tell y'all about the FABULOUS new toys I have now. Which are either going to make my wedding planning infinitely easier or more complicated, not sure which yet.



The first toy I was able to put in my toy box? The one and only Cricut Expression...
  
It slices, it dices, it even makes julienne fries! Ok, maybe that's a little bit of a stretch but this machine is seriously awesome! I haven't actually made anything with it yet but I've had a lot of fun playing with the settings and trying to see just what the machine is capable of doing. Throw in the next two toys and this machine is quickly becoming unstoppable...
The second toy in my toy box? Well, that would be the Cricut Design Studio software...



 I can design whatever I want (provided I have the cartridge) and just send it over to the Cricut via a USB cable and bam! the Cricut cuts it out...how cool is that?


The third toy in my toy box? The Cricut Jukebox (which I found on clearance at Michaels for $39.99-regular price is $99.99 so big SCORE!)
This handy dandy little thing hooks up to the Cricut and I can cut using my Design Studio software without having to switch cartridges. Making my life so much easier!

And the final toy I've been playing with? The Xyron 5" Creative Station.
  This little guy can make stickers, magnets, and even laminate paper. Since FI Fishie and I had the bright idea to make our own STD magnets (we haven't even started yet, btw) this little machine will come in VERY handy. 
What do you think? Is there any other toys that I need to go get or should I be set with just a cricut and xyron machine? I want a Yudu but that's a little out of my price range and Grocco's aren't made anymore so i have no way to screen print. This isn't counting the sewing machine and serger machine I already had so there'll be a lot of DIY Craft projects in my future...I can feel it!

2 comments:

  1. OMG DROOL! Your toy box is the best toy box! Can I come over and play?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely you can come and play with my toys! Just hop on a plane and come right over, lol!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails