Quote of the Month...

“When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew” - Shakespeare

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dashed Dreams...

Remember my brilliant idea of having desserts instead of cake?
 

And my worries about the amount of time involved, the money involved, the traditions involved, and oh yeah the part about if the reception site will let us? Thankfully, I have a fabulous friend who went to culinary school and offered to make our desserts for us-that took care of the time and money involved. Fishboy and I were pumped about this idea-we thought it would finally come to fruition...until I heard back from the reception site. And they gave our idea the big thumbs down. Making me a very sad fishie... 


And now it was back to the drawing board-a very restricted drawing board. Our reception site said that we could bring in cake or cupcakes, anything else would have to be ordered through them. Their list of desserts consisted of: cheesecake (yay!), cream puffs (boo), and chocolate dipped strawberries (yay! and boo)...and dashed my dreams of having a dessert buffet. 


Every cloud does have a silver lining though, and our venue does offer a build your own sundae bar which may be possible except for two things 1) I'll be wearing white, and I'm the person who ALWAYS manages to spill SOMETHING on myself-I can just imagine having chocolate sauce all down the front of my white dress and 2) it's a little cost prohibitive at 4.99/person, which doesn't sound like much but when we're planning on having 200 people that quickly becomes almost $1000 on a sundae bar-in addition to the $3000 we're already spending on food.


For the time being, our tentative plan is cupcakes-and although we're a little turned off by the trendiness of it since it's something that EVERYONE seems to be doing right now, it seems like our only viable option right now. But, I'm still a sad fishie for having my dessert bar dreams dashed.


I turn to you my faithful readers, do we serve cake, cupcakes, or find the money for the build your own sundae bar?

1 comment:

  1. cocktail cupcakes. It something fun. You can buy the flavor extracts online. It gives your cupcakes a little more zip.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails