Quote of the Month...

“When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew” - Shakespeare

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cakes Vs. Desserts

I have a confession to make...I don't like cake. There, I said it. I do not like cake, in fact I'm not a huge sweets fine at all. Fishboy on the other hand has a pretty decent sized sweet tooth. In comes the new trend hitting weddings, dessert bars!
























I love me some cheescake, brownies are yummy, rice krispy bars don't stand a chance around me, and if you add scotcheroos mmm I'm hooked. Fishboy likes almost all the same things except for the cheesecake, plus he loves pie.

Now, here's the problem. I'm torn between the dessert bar and cake. Mostly because cake is traditional and our wedding could use a little bit more tradition, plus with my family there are certain things you don't mess with and their traditions are one of them. I love love love the idea of serving a bunch of our favorite desserts but at the same time I have a few reservations...
  1. Time; will I have time to cook up enough desserts for 200 people before the wedding?
  2. Money; can we afford to have a bunch of different desserts?
  3. Legal; will the reception site let us bring in our own desserts?
  4. Tradition; how can I still have the cake cutting without the cake?
What's your opinion? Should I go with my gut and serve desserts or stick with tradition and serve the cake?

1 comment:

  1. In all honesty its always up to you. I would have a traditional cake to keep the masses placated. People expect a cake. Deserts are going to be a fools errand to assemble for a crowd.

    anon

    :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails