Quote of the Month...

“When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew” - Shakespeare

Monday, January 24, 2011

You Drove HOW Far?

I admit it; I drove almost 2 hours to buy...wait for it...PAPER! 


 Saturday morning, Fishboy was kind enough to indulge my desire for pretty paper. He woke up at the crack of dawn (otherwise known as 8:30am) and drove over 100 miles to Anchor Paper in Plymouth Minnesota (btw Minnesota/Wisconsin brides if you want pretty paper I highly recommend driving out Anchor Paper) first we stopped at Paper Depot, a scrapbooking store in Minneapolis, but since our invitations are going to be a little larger it wasn't going to work just using regular 12x12 paper which is what Paper Depot sold. 

  We ventured onto Anchor Paper where we wandered into their craft supply storefront first and then...we hit the motherlode! Otherwise known as Anchor Paper's warehouse! Fishboy and I wandered back into the warehouse looked at the paper and told the lady what we wanted and she cut the paper while we waited. We walked out $200 poorer with gorgeous paper and envelopes. 


Added bonus? Since we had the paper custom cut we were able to keep all of the scraps from the cutting so we have enough paper to last us throughout any paper projects we could possibly come up with.

Did we go to far? Yes, we could've ordered the paper online Anchor Paper does sell their paper online. However, A) we saved money going to the warehouse and picking it up and B) I thought I was going to get 80# paper and wound up with 105# paper and since they don't allow returns I would have been up chocolate creek without a popsicle stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails