Quote of the Month...

“When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew” - Shakespeare

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dressing the Princesses

 Remember when I told you here that Groomswoman Mulan made for a verry interesting dress shopping experience? Well, since Groomswoman Jasmine was home from college this past week I gathered the 3 bridal party princesses that I could and we made a trip out to the Bridal Shoppe in Eau Claire where I bought my dress. Shannon, the same woman who's helped me pick out my dress, the tuxes, and even our flowers (she owns Chippewa Valley Floral too, if there are any Chippewa Valley brides looking for their gowns I HIGHLY recommend Shannon and the Bridal Shoppe)  was kind enough to help these princesses find their dresses.



Groomswoman Jasmine trying on a black one shoulder. The only requirements I gave the girls was that the dress had to be black. I told them I preferred tea length but if they weren't comfortable with it being that short I understood. Was I too lenient with the girls? Probably but like I kept telling them-I wanted them comfortable and wearing something that made them feel fabulous.










 Groomswoman Jasmine trying on the strapless version of the one shoulder dress. 









Groomswoman Mulan, in the one blurry photo I was able to capture of her wearing a dress. Poor girl, none of the sample dresses were quite in her size so she wasn't really able to find anything that she was comfortable in. Plus, what she likes style-isticly wasn't quite fitting her figure. Since she NEVER wears dresses, she wasn't quite sure what she wanted. I helped her figure it out though so by the end of the day she had a little better idea of what she should be wearing.




Bridesmaid Ariel tried on a gorgeous purple halter that would be ordered in black. This was my favorite for her but I could tell it wasn't her favorite and that's what really mattered












Ironically, Bridesmaid Ariel and Groomswoman Mulan both liked this brown dress. They decided it looked better on Ariel.











This was Groomswoman Jasmine's favorite dress. I wasn't too keen on it but I couldn't get past the salmon color even though I knew it'd be ordered in black.





 
 
 Bridesmaid Ariel gave me her best "fierce" model pose. All three girls tried on at least one version of this black dress, it came strapless, halter, and one shoulder.












After we left the Bridal Shoppe, I treated the princesses to some lunch at Panera Bread. Once we were properly fed and refueled we headed over to Oakwood Mall and hit up Macys, JC Penny, Deb, Yonkers, and couldn't find ANY black dresses that looked even remotely appropriate. Since it was the day after New Year's weekend they had short skimpy New Year's Eve dresses and Old Lady Matronly dresses. Not appropriate for a group of 20-ish sassy women. Then we went to David's Bridal and although the girls could all find dresses they were all kind of chintzy quality and not flattering at all. 


All in all we had fun and it was a good bonding experience. What do you think? Was I too lenient with the girls, should I just pick a dress for them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails