Quote of the Month...

“When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew” - Shakespeare

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Guest Blogger: Fishboy

Editor's Note: Fishboy was getting jealous that he hadn't had a chance to tell the story of how we met so I decided to give him the chance to tell his side, even though we all know the REAL story can be found here

The very first time we met, my father and I were dropping of a ladder at the neighbor’s house. And a friend of mine introduced us. The funny part of this is Fishie remembers my father dropping off the ladder, but not me.
Probably a year later, Fishie texted me for something; what I don’t remember. That’s not the important part though. Well we got to talking then Fishie invited me to her apartment. I sat and chatted with her and her roommate for a couple hours while we watched a couple of movies. We continued to talk, off and on, for months after that. One night we were chatting while I was in Rice Lake for school and she was at her apartment in Chippewa Falls. She wanted to see a movie, so we did a little arguing about which theater to go to and eventually Fishie ended the argument by saying “Get in your pretty little car and drive!” So I met Fishie at the theater in Rice Lake for our first official date. We went to see “The Dark Night.” And yes I know what you’re thinking that’s a very appropriate movie for a first date. But I think it went great. We said good night and I headed back to my apartment. No kiss, yep I know I wimped out.
A month or so after that, we started making the trip to each other’s towns to meet for dates few movies, dancing once,and Irvine Park in Chippewa once or twice. What triggered us to say we were really boyfriend/girlfriend officially one night we were sitting at my apartment watching movies with my roommate, Alex, he was on the phone with someone, then stopped and said “I don’t know let me check.” He proceeded to ask Fishie and myself if we were boyfriend/girlfriend. I looked at Fishie and said “do you want to?” Fishie said “sure”. There you go its official we are boyfriend/girlfriend.
That brings up a pretty funny story. If you ask me I said the date above was Wednesday August 20th 2008, but if you ask Fishie she thinks the date was Thursday August 21st 2008. We’ve argued over this fact numerous times. Fishie’s reason for Thursday was on every Wednesday I headed to Chippewa to mentor at my church. Don’t tell Fishie but I think she is right after thinking about it. But shhhh don’t tell her, super secret.
This also brings up how we picked the date to get married. Fishie said I had to pick the date; I did some serious waffling on this. I didn’t know when to pick it I proposed why should I have to pick this one too. Anyway after arguing again on what day we started officially dating on. I happen to notice my day August 20th was on a Saturday in 2011 so thus that’s the date I choose to get married. But then, we changed the date later for a number of reasons to August 19th.
The proposal is a great story, I had all kinds of all ideas, some of which were hinted from Fishie. But anyway I hear about a good one of putting a ring on the cat’s collar. Right away I had a thought run though my mind of our cat jump up on the bed and show her the note and there be no ring, and then we spend the rest of the night looking for the ring. So that one is a no go. So I had this thought of making Fishie dinner and get her sitting down and watch a movie and then propose to her. But Fishie shot me in the foot with that one by starting supper on me, so all I got to make was the easy part the instant mashed potatoes. Then we started watching the movie Fargo, just because it was on the TV. Also being nervous I just handed her the box. If you ask Fishie she says I threw it at her, but she’s crazy like that. Anyways then I asked her if she would marry me. Again if you ask her, she says that I threw the box at her and said “you have to say yes first.” She responds with “you have to ask me a question first.” Then I asked her the question “will you marry me”. But as we all know Fishie remember this funny. So believe whatever story you like. Just remember that I’m right.
While  I was proposing to Fishie, my parents were in New York City on vacation. Right after I proposed we called the parents. Well Fishie called her parents and family, I texted mine. Anyways my mom runs to my father, all excited, and said “Andrew proposed!” my father’s response was “he proposed what?” To be honest if my mother ran to me and said the same line I would probably say the same thing.
Side story that just happened in January 2011, Fishie is a big Katy Perry fan so I was going to get her tickets to a concert in Michigan in June. Well we were sitting here at her dads place and all of a sudden she start showing me Katy Perry tickets to a concert in the cities in July. So I kind of make it look like I didn’t want to go, to throw her off the trail. Well I ended up buying the tickets right in front her then tell her that was going to get her tickets for Valentine’s Day. Well she felt horrible after the fact because she egged me on for not wanting to go with her. I find this story funny thought I just throw it for you reading pleasure.

1 comment:

  1. Awww yay for guest blogger!!! ^_^ Very cute story!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails