Quote of the Month...

“When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew” - Shakespeare

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Being City Slickers...

I'm a small town girl, born and raised. Fishboy on the other hand lived in the suburbs of the big city of Chippewa Falls his whole life. Neither one of us is big city kind of people so when our photographer Tricia suggested we have our engagement pictures taken in downtown Eau Claire, we were understandably skeptical. But, we were pleasantly surprised by the results! Who knew that we had some serious city slickers hidden under our small town, suburban exteriors.

Who knew those dance lessons would translate into some FABULOUS photo shots!















Tricia told us to walk down the middle of the road...in the middle of traffic! The instructions we were getting from her were too funny; "walk faster, now walk slower" ,"look at eachother not at the traffic", "look out there's a car coming".
If you look closely in the background you can see the cars coming towards us...we had to quick get in and out of the middle of the road to avoid getting hit!





The best part of this photo is fishboy's face, he's trying really hard not to laugh as there was a car coming towards us and Tricia kept us standing in the middle of the road to get the shot!
 I call this one the "Eskimo Kiss" since Tricia told us to "rub noses"













 





Another shot standing in the middle of the road, it's a great shot and avoiding cars was getting to be a game!

Tricia told Fishboy to look at me affectionately and I was supposed to look like I was taking a nap, which was fine with me since I was getting exhausted from dodging traffic.
The bench that we're sitting on, almost didn't make it into our shoot. There was a little old lady sitting on the bench when Tricia wanted to take these shots and after she got up and moved Tricia was telling us to "quick, run across the street before someone else sits there"










  

 
Tricia almost started crying she was laughing so hard after I popped my leg up on this shot. I can't remember her exact instructions for the shot but after I popped my leg up, she started laughing and telling me that's not what she meant.












There you have it, the two sides of the fishies! The outdoorsy country type and now the city slicker side. Which side do you guys like better? I like our outdoor shots in Irvine Park a little better then the shots in downtown EC but I'm glad we got the chance to hang out with Tricia since she'll be shooting the wedding photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails