Quote of the Month...

“When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew” - Shakespeare

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Dress Saga Has Ended...

Since I know you're all absolutely RIVETED by the vast amount of drama surrounding my search for the PERFECT dress starting with my laid back approach here to the failed attempt at trying to involve my family and friends here and the latest installment here involving a love affair with a dress that wasn't destined to have a happy ending, unfortunately. I looked and thanks to my wonderful cousins' wifeys I found a store that had the dress I wanted but I just couldn't motivate myself to make the trip to the Twin Cities to go look at it-but I think that everything happens for a reason and I just wasn't destined to have that dress.


Now, in the effort for full disclosure I have to admit-my failed attempt to go with my family didn't end quite the way I'd said here. The reality was, that after shopping for a few hours we were all tired and getting cranky and the 3rd to the last dress I tried on they all LOVED! I however, was deep in "eh" with it. It was a flowly chiffon with one shoulder and swarovski crystals down the one shoulder and under the bust. The next dress, was almost identical except there was very simple swarovski crystals under the bust and asymmetrical rouching along the side which made me look hecka skinny. I was in LOVE! The rest of them well, not so much. I kid you not, I walked out of that dressing room expecting oohs and ahhs and all I got was silence. You could have heard a cricket chirp in that bridal shop the silence was that pronounced. Then, I made the mistake of asking everyone for their opinions-well, needless to say they no likey what me likey. The 4 people who had just about LOVED every dress I'd tried on that day pretty much HATED the one that I LOVED! How's that for irony?

 

 
















I Love Love Loved this dress...everyone else that went shopping with me wasn't too keen on it

To say that I was devastated would be the understatement of the century. I tried on one more dress and that was more of a half-hearted attempt then any real liking of the dress. God bless Shannon at the Bridal Shoppe in EC cause that lady felt bad FOR me. She looked just as heartbroken about them not liking my dress as I was. 

Ok, so that is all behind us now...I stand here before you a happy fishie! Today, I did what I should've done in the first place and I went dress shopping ALONE and it was AWESOME! If you're like me and prone to listening to other opinions and forgetting about your own I highly recommend dress shopping alone. Is it fun going with friends and family? Oh absolutely, but I'm such a people pleaser that I realized I was loosing sight of what I wanted to wear on MY wedding day. So, I went back to Shannon today and tried on even more dresses-including the one I fell in love with the first time around. I picked out my dress and I walked out of the Bridal Shoppe much happier and with a lighter wallet.
Did you go dress shopping with a whole entourage or did you fly solo? Are you like me and prone to being a people pleaser at the cost of your own happiness? Do you really really really wanna see what I picked?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails