Quote of the Month...

“When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew” - Shakespeare

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Theme? I thought "Wedding" was a theme!

So I was catching up on some of my wedding blog reading and I started noticing something which had, up until this point, not even been on my radar-a theme. Stupid me I was under the impression that a wedding didn't need a theme since, well this isn't a high school prom. I have spent the last 22yrs of my life living under the assumption that "wedding" WAS a theme!


Well, thanks to the wonderful bloggers over at Weddingbee, Ruffled, Style Me Pretty, and Project Wedding I am secure in my knowledge that "wedding" is no longer an acceptable theme for a wedding,oh no no no my friends-I've now learned that you must have a distinctive theme such as vintage, 50's, old hollywood, travel, rustic country, beach, etc. etc. etc.  



Now, being the poor naive person that I am-always thought that "theme wedding" equaled people dressed like characters from Star Wars or getting married in Vegas by Elvis. Although the Vegas option sounds appealing at this point, never the less I've come to my senses and chosen a theme for our wedding...I like to call it "Laid Back but Classy". So what does this mean? I have no idea what it means other then the color palette for this "Laid Back but Classy" is a mess of colors, simply because I can't make a decision and I like variety, consisting of: Neon Purple, Hot Fusha Pink, Glodenrod Yellow, Lime Green (but that's just cuz I told FSIL Fishie that she had to wear Lime Green Taffeta for calling me "bridezilla"), and a color I like to Electric Blue, although I'm sure it has an actual name I'm not sure what it is.


Well now that we have a theme, what do I do with it? How should I incorporate my hot mess of colors into one cohesive palette? About the only idea I've got so far is, bridesmaids (all 3 of them) in black dresses with colored sashes and different colored bouquets. Help!

1 comment:

  1. Paper! Colorful paper! And linens! And, and, and... desserts! Decor! I love your colors!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails