Quote of the Month...

“When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew” - Shakespeare

Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Wedding Planning Promises

I, the Fishie Bride, hereby make this list of promises to my friends, family, bridal party, vendors and general public. And, in front of all these people who read this blog do solemnly swear to the following...

To My Family and Friends:

I promise that I will not bore you to death with details about things you are not really concerned with, I realize that the shade of pink for the ribbon that wraps the bridesmaid's bouquets is important to me however, it probably just makes your eyes glaze over.
I promise to devote one minute of my day to focusing on you and your problems-before we go back to me and the problems I'm having especially with the caterer wanting to use cream colored napkins when I specifically asked for white.
I promise not to update my facebook status everyday with the most annoying and minute wedding related details, I'm sure you don't care if the paper for the wedding invitations came in the mail that day.
I promise to plan a wedding that will be fun for all, including myself, which means good food, and good music!
I promise not to force you into some weird form of slave labor in which I convince you, against your better judgment, to help me with the multitude of DIY projects I have planned.




To My Bridal Party:

I promise not to make you shell out more money then I make in a month for a dress that you'll only wear once, no matter how much I believe “you can wear it again”-I'm not stupid I realize that most of you will never be in a situation where you'll need a formal cocktail dress.
I promise that your outfits will not be completely hideous just so that I look better-you are a reflection on me, I'm lucky to have such gorgeous people standing beside me and I'll let you shine!
I promise not to allow my OCD tendencies to take over, and force everyone to look identical-as much fun as it would be for me to watch a bunch of cookie cutter copies parading around, it's not fair to you.


To My Vendors:
I promise to continue my laid-back vibe and not micro-manage every little detail. You're professionals, that's what I'm paying YOU for-if I wanted to micro-manage I would've done it myself.
I promise not to call/email you 10 times a day just to “check-in” and make sure that x,y,and z are done and confirm our appointment for the millionth time.
I promise to give you a list of what I want done and then trust that you'll get it done-ie: photos I want taken, music I want played or not played, and what time I want the food and where I want it.


To Myself and Fiance Fishie:

I promise not to obsess over the invitations and spend months upon months crafting something which will only be thrown away anyway-I'm not naïve.
I promise not to give in to some of the “trends” which aren't true to me and what I want just because “everyone else is doing it”
I promise not to go over budget and if at all possible, stay under budget-the less I spend now the more I have to spend later
I promise to remember that at the end of the day, we're in this together and it's not just my day but “our” day and FI Fishie's opinion matters just as much as mine.




My last and final promise is to the world at large: I promise not to turn into a fire-breathing, vendor-stomping, bridesmaid-scaring, bridezilla. I will always remember that by the time August 21st, 2011 rolls around none of this will have mattered, and what will matter is that I'm married to the man of my dreams who put up with my insanity for the last 21 months.

Disclaimer: Please remember that this is meant in jest and I'm not to be taken seriously, well at least not most of the time.

1 comment:

  1. and make sure you promise to keep blogging, because I find it entertaining, and I always need an entertaining blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails